Author: Creflo Dollar
Weight loss! Debt freedom! Attitude adjustments! Each New Year compels you to renovate your life in exciting new ways. But before you unveil a long list of new resolutions, take the end of this year to assess the progress you’ve made toward fulfilling your old ones. Learning where you may have slacked off will give you the knowledge you need to decide what to revisit in the future.
Self–evaluation is probably the most beneficial step you can take to improve the condition of your life. Until you honestly look at the areas that need improvement, you will make no progress. Take a personal inventory of previous goals you have set for yourself. Have you accomplished or come close to accomplishing them? Did you procrastinate, choosing instead to engage in discussions and planning with little to no action? If you seldom get around to following through on things, make a decision to change—and stick to it. In the areas where you did make progress, invest the time for some positive reinforcement and celebrate your accomplishments! Treat yourself to something special and thank God for helping you to advance toward your goals.
- Once you’ve assessed your current status, you’re ready to reset your goals. Ask the Lord to direct you in setting realistic checkpoints. Following are some keys to assist you in your journey in the upcoming year:
- Identify and write down your goals (Habakkuk 2:2–3). List long–term goals, then decide on short–term, or “mini,” goals for your checkpoints.
- Create a plan of action that enables you to move toward your goals. Give yourself rewards for reaching them.
- Gather the necessary resources and materials that you may need. Educate yourself about what it takes to get the job done (Hosea 4:6).
- Set a time frame in which to complete them.
- Make a genuine effort each day to do something that will bring you closer to realizing your goals.
Organization is another important key to successfully fulfilling what you desire to accomplish. You may want to invest in a daily or monthly planner to help keep yourself on task in certain areas. Write everything down and document your progress. And don’t get discouraged if you miss a checkpoint—they’re meant as points to check your progress! Instead, reevaluate your plan of action and use the experience and knowledge you’ve gained to spur you on to greater heights.
Whether your goals include maintaining a healthier and more fit body, getting your finances in order or taking up a new hobby or interest, make sure you are diligent and put your heart into your endeavors. Stay focused on the desired outcome—success and increase—so that by the time the next New Year’s Eve rolls around, you’ll have a reason to celebrate!
Experience “Your World with Creflo Dollar”! Everyone faces challenges in life, and with every challenge we face, there is a solution. “Your World” is passionate about empowering our viewers for positive change through the Grace of God. We invite you to tune in weekly! http://www.yourworldwithcreflo.com/